If you are suffering from chronic sinus infections, then you might have heard about balloon sinuplasty. Basically, this procedure is used to obtain long-term relief from symptoms, which can’t be provided by typical sinusitis medications. That explains why people who opt for balloon sinuplasty Valdese, NC
, enjoy a healthier and happier life.
Now, let’s understand and know everything that is related to balloon sinuplasty.
What Is Balloon Sinuplasty?
An advanced sinuplasty procedure, balloon sinuplasty utilizes a small balloon, which is placed in the affected area and then slowly inflated. Once inflated, it compacts the walls of the sinuses, widening the passageways of the air. After that, a saline solution is introduced to flush out the bacteria in the walls. Generally, this procedure does not consume much time compared to traditional sinuplasty procedures. Plus, its recovery time is far lesser.
The Perks of Balloon Sinuplasty
Balloon sinuplasty offers a number of benefits to a person suffering sinus problems. Not only is it less expensive than traditional sinusitis treatments, there are fewer risks involved in the process because there is less pain and discomfort. Believe it or not, this procedure can be done in less than one hour as an outpatient service. Below are other benefits you should know.
- It is convenient. Balloon sinuplasty is done quickly and comfortably in a doctor’s clinic. It only takes an hour to perform the procedure. After which, you can walk away and live your life the way you did before you stepped into the four corners of the clinic.
- It is less invasive. When you say surgery, we associate it with painful procedures. However, unlike other surgeries, this one is less invasive. There is no cutting involved, so expect little to no bleeding.
- It has a faster recovery time. Unlike traditional surgeries, balloon sinuplasty in Valdese, NC, is fast and easy. In fact, it doesn’t keep you grounded for weeks. In just 2 days, you can do the things you want to do and get back to your regular routine.
- It is safe. Many people don’t want to undergo surgeries in fear that it might go wrong. Thankfully, balloon sinuplasty is a breath of relief. Using a balloon, clogged arteries can be relieved in an instant.
- Its results are proven effective. The best thing about balloon sinuplasty is the fact that patients, who undergo this treatment enjoy the relief and comfort they wanted. Based on statistics, about 95% of patients have detected a significant improvement in their sinusitis.
Are You Qualified for a Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure?
If you are suffering from any sinus-related problem, you could be a potential candidate for a balloon sinuplasty procedure. Be sure to consult a specialist first to find out if this procedure is right for you.
The Future of Balloon Sinuplasty
With research and advancements in technology, balloon sinuplasty can greatly improve in the future. And with the rising demands of patients for an effective sinusitis remedy, it is possible that they can further benefit from this procedure. But if you are uncertain about this, you should go see your doctor first.